Monday, February 3, 2014

My life in a CYCLE!

Hi AMST 100! My name is Vijay Raju and I am excited to see what we will be learning in the class. I guess I should tell a little about myself. Currently am a second semester freshmen at UMBC. I am from Silver Spring MD and currently I am a professional Mountain Biker training for the 2016 Olympics. I started cycling 4 years ago in an attempt to lose weight. In 2010 i weighed in at 226 lbs and I began to realize that this would be my future if I didn't act. A friend introduced me to cycling and I began riding everyday to shed the weight. I am happy to say that I am 145 lbs and am happy that I took the step to lose the weight. After I had lost the weight I began to race bikes and become an avid racer. Soon after that I accomplished something I never imagined, I won both Maryland and Delaware State Championships. From that point onward I trained harder and harder and eventually placed 3rd at at Nationals and was accepted to be on the National Cycling Team. I attained my Pro license in October and am excited about where my cycling will take me in the future!

1 comment:

  1. The title of your blog was so creative! I loved how you related the entire title to go with your life and hobby of cycling. Your intro really sums up everything about you...in a cycle.

    ReplyDelete