Nature inspires humans in
ways that no other force can. Without the presence of nature in my life, I wouldn't be the same person I am today. I would still be sitting on the couch letting
life pass by and not even glancing back at it. One day I took the step of
embracing nature by going on a bike ride. On that very ride nature inspired me
to change my lifestyle and change who I was. It guided me throughout the
struggles I was facing and the ones that I would have to face.
As an avid cyclist I
spend a large portion of my time riding outdoors, whether it is in the woods or
on the street. Cycling isn’t just about riding and physical activity, it’s
about embracing the little things nature has to offer. A day could be made
better simply by taking a walk in the woods and feeling the sunshine on your
face. If you give nature you’re time, you will be rewarded with memories,
happiness and enlightenment. This time spent in nature is special and is
different for each person. For me it’s not only important to my physical
health, but also my mental health. One of my favorite quotes is by Gerald G.
May and states “Whatever the deep guidance (of nature) is, it frees me from
bondage to mind-thoughts. It liberates me from agendas, strategies, conditioning's, and preconceived images.” I believe Gerald was impacted
by nature in the same way that I was. Nature has freed me of the stresses in
the world and was able to sooth my mind and body of the struggles in life.
I believe nature has the
power to change someone’s ideals, lifestyle and even beliefs. I let nature into
my life and not a day goes by where I regret that decision.
Word Count: 311
Word Count: 311

I really liked this essay. Nature is a beautiful thing and more people should be willing to embrace it like you have. I like how you connect to nature on a daily basis. And it's interesting that a walk in the park can make your whole day better. Good job.
ReplyDeleteGood job! I like the way you explain the special influence of nature on people. I absolutely agree that it's very helpful to spend time with the nature. Sometimes it helps me to calm down and to organize my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your essay, I too enjoy nature. I could tell just how passionate you are about nature with your word choices & it has a nice flow to it! Good job man!
ReplyDelete